CMC's Denver Group
For the Denver Metropolian Community
The Denver Group of the Colorado Mountain Club offers you the opportunity to meet others like yourself, whether that means you share climbing fourteeners or photographing wild flowers. There are over 3,000 members of the Denver Group, not to mention the thousands of other members throughout Colorado!
Activities are scheduled almost every day of the week, weekend and most holidays…sometimes even on Christmas! The Denver Group offers the finest educational activities in the state that you as a member can participate in.
By joining the Denver Group, you will have the opportunity to participate in a wide spectrum of activities that include:
- Schools to teach you a multitude of hiking, mountaineering, skiing, or technical climbing skills
- Hundreds of scheduled trips during the year with qualified leaders throughout the State to hike or climb, or ski
- Special interest sections that focus on particular activities
- Exciting programs that allow you to learn about adventures around the world
- Receiving the group's monthly newsletter, The Mile High Mountaineer, announcing programs, schools and social activities
The Denver Group holds most of its programs and schools at the American Mountaineering Center in Golden.
Denver has special "sections" or groups of people who meet and recreate together around specific interests. Additional fees may apply for these sections:
Rocky Mountain Over the Hill Gang
Visit the Denver Group Website for more information.